How to Get Involved
To serve on an ongoing basis at the Dream Center, click the following link:
To serve through the Johnson City Restoration effort,
"Keep the Legacy Alive," go to the following link:
The information below is for those who wish to serve
on an ongoing basis. Use the link at the bottom of this page.
See the list below for the programs for which you can serve.
All Dream Center Programs are free of charge to reach families who may not otherwise be served. To make this possible, we need people of compassion to get involved. Click on the link for the application at the bottom of the page. A background check is done, as well as an initial orientation, training on how to provide Safe Sanctuaries for youth, and periodic staff meetings.
- Dragon Slayers "Group ON!" - Monday’s and Wednesday’s - 3:30 to 5:30 PM for Youth 8th to 11th grade.
- Dragon Slayers Basketball Youth Group
- Monday's 4:30 to 6:30 pm and Thursday's 3:30 to 6:30 pm through March Basketball programs are proven as successful for school drop-out prevention. In addition to looking for committed individuals who love youth, or the sport to lead as a team of coaches, we also are looking for individuals from the Community who can come in and connect to the youth through a pep talk or career talk, etc. Many of our youth need connections to positive male role models.
- Free Summer Camp- Youth who are enrolled and are in good standing in the Dragon Slayers After School Program and/or basketball, receive a scholarship to a week of camp at Sky-Lake Center in Demascus, NY.
- Bike Drive and Giveaway- The annual bike give away is held the second Saturday of May, from 1 to 4 PM in the UHS parking lot next to Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church. People are needed to help us pick up, transport and re-condition bikes. We are always looking for help for the day of the event for set up and for safety stations.
- Lord's Table Dinner- Tuesday's at 5:30 to 6:30 PM, a free, community supper open to all. People are always needed to help clean up at 6 PM.
Click Here To Serve!
Fill out application, "Save As" in your documents folder,
and email application as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Make Your Dream A Reality and In the Manner and Legacy of George F. Johnson Change a Nation"